Sunday, November 27, 2011

Michelangelo - Fragment 35, Before 1547

      Nobody has the whole of it
before he reaches his limit
of his art and his life. ~ Michelangelo


If one of the greatest of masters of art who brought marble to life, fresco off the wall, and drawing to new heights in the 1500's which were still marveled and reveled in our time, what limits do you suppose he aspired to?


David, 1504, Florence, Italy Michelangelo

Pieta, 1499, The Vatican at St. Peter's Basilica, Rome, Italy, Michelangelo


The Sistine Chapel, Vatican, Vatican City, 1508-1512

Today is rather short and the days in-between my posts rather long.... I fear graduate school at times drains the time for the arts I love and am passionate about.... so Michelangelo feared he was not doing enough and he accomplished so much... who am I to say I am tired, I am busy, I am over-run??



No comments:

Post a Comment