Monday, May 21, 2012

I Wonder Why You Call to Me Nearly a Year Later Lovelace


To Althea, From Prison

'Longing For Freedom' Alicepopkorn

When love with unconfined wings
Hovers within my gates,
And my divine Althea brings
To whisper at the grates;
When I lie tangled in her hair,
And fettered to her eye,
The birds that wanton in the air
Know no such liberty.

 Florian Imgrund http://www.inthoughts.de/portfolio.html
When flowing cups run swiftly round
With no allaying Thames,
Our careless heads with roses bound,
Our hearts with loyal flames;
When thirsty grief in wine we steep,
When healths and draughts go free,
Fishes that tipple in the deep
Know no such liberty.

When, like committed linnets, I
With shriller throat shall sing
The sweetness, mercy, majesty,
And glories of my King;
When I shall voice aloud how good

He is, how great should be,
Enlarged winds that curl the flood
Know no such liberty.

'Free' by Alicepopkorn 
Stone walls do not a prison make,
Nor iron bars a cage;
Minds innocent and quiet take, That for an hermitage;
If I have freedom in my love,
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone, that soar above,
Enjoy such liberty.

~by Richard Lovelace

Lovelace, dear friend, perhaps you call again because my mind is even freer, my imagination more full of hopes/dreams/desires/future.... Laurel leaves will come and go and wine may flow now but not later but I am here.... I am still here. 

I may be a temporary captive by my commitment to my degree at UF but I can see my freedom clearly on the horizon and my heart sings so loudly it thunders all other sounds; I have concentrated on my love of the arts and they have freed me even in my self imposed educational confinement and my joy and soul soar............ 



So now with only a matter of weeks from completing my degree. I know so much more, feel so much more, 'see' so much more, am so very much more.......

No comments:

Post a Comment