Friday, May 4, 2012

If I had the brain to see.....A Grain of Sand AND InThoughts Photography

A Grain of Sand
If starry space no limit knows,
And sun succeeds to sun,
There is no reason to suppose,
Our earth the only one.



'Mid countless constellations cast
      A million worlds may be,
With each a God to bless or blast
      And steer to destiny.
      
Just think! A million gods or so
      To guide each vital stream,
With over all to boss the show
      A Deity supreme.


Such magnitudes oppress my mind; 
From cosmic space it swings;
So ultimately glad to find - Relief in little things.



For look! Within my hollow hand,
While round the earth careens,
I hold a single grain of sand;
And wonder what it means.


Ah! If I had the eyes to see,
      And brain to understand,
I think Life's mystery might be
      Solved in this grain of sand.










~Robert W Service, Poet


Photographer - Artist Statement - 'The unique charm of analog photographs connected with the original handcraft of photography fascinates me. After I got my first analog camera in summer of 2010 I started shooting more and more. This growing portfolio is the result of my passion. All of these photographs are captured on film, self developed and without any computer manipulation. I hope you‘ll enjoy it.' ~ Florian Imgrund http://www.inthoughts.de/portfolio.html



No comments:

Post a Comment