Monday, June 20, 2011

Love and Friendship


I have two of my best friends who have driven home a point about love this week.  

I said to Whit, I just wish someone would truly love me. She said, "I love you" and she has since I was 13.  

I said to Misty, I miss having that day to day time spent hanging out with someone who loves me.  She said hang out with your family and with me, they love you and I love you. Misty has loved me for 19 years.  

While both knew I meant romantic love, I knew they meant to appreciate love in any form, especially the true love which has grown over time and with great respect - for better or worse; for richer or poorer; in sickness or health; and on into all future lifetimes... 

I love you all.... 

Thank you for loving me and never treading on my dreams but raising them up instead.... This poem was written about romantic love which I inquired about but suits the love of trust, respect, friendship, and light we share, 

A Girl Named Fred

'Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet;
But I, being poor, have only my dreams; a
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

~Yeats

No comments:

Post a Comment